If you are concerned about the potential health and environment effects of conventional cleaners, you may be wondering how you can ‘go green’ too. There are many ways you can reduce the need for chemical cleaners and help keep the air you and others breath cleaner!
- When purchasing green products, look for EcoLogo or Green Seal certified products. These products are tested and certified to be truly eco-friendly and effective products
- Use natural cleaners when possible. Vinegar is a common household ingredient used for cleaning. Although it cannot be used to clean everything, it works well to clean things such as windows and even some types of floors.
- Check ingredients - Many products appear to be eco-friendly due to packaging, but are really just using the deceptive marketing technique known as “green washing.” Check ingredients to see if the products are low in VOCs and use renewable resources.
- Work with a non-toxic cleaning company - There are both residential and commercial cleaners that will use green or non-toxic cleaning products. At Kitchener Clean, we use always use the highest quality EcoLogo or Green Seal certified products when possible!
- Check reviews from other users to see which green or non-toxic cleaning product works well (and which ones don’t). You can check out some green cleaning product articles and reviews
- Bulk / Group Purchase Online - gathering all the orders from friends and family, send inquiries to request one off shipment to 1 location. Reduce air pollution via multi location transport.